Re: LF: Re: FR5ZX on MF WSPR

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: FR5ZX on MF WSPR
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 21:26:10 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Fausto,

Am 01.11.2015 15:42, schrieb Fausto Coletti:
Hi Stefan,

beyond the technical aspect that is certainly is the most important thing, there are people like me
who operated in the microwave bands and especially EME that, sometimes hunted a new one for months
before being able to make the qso that, certainly does not scare me a few hours of calling...
That is laudable!
4 hours, i think that's even beyond my limits. I often called 2 hours on 2m or on MF.

Technology has made giant steps and, systems like WSPR  for the study of the propagation,
bring us to knowledge phenomena that we would not have discovered otherwise but, the charm of an
old CW two way QSO is unsurpassed in my opinion.
I agree.

Surely it was an exceptional condition that I do not think happen again many times during a year
That is the question! At least we know now (since last night) that it was not one of these extremely rare events. But will the path be available all over the year? Is QRN the main limiting factor for most of the time in the year?
If FR5ZX becomes a permanent player on MF WSPR we will know more during the winter season. It is all very interesting.
He wrote a longer email to me with many pictures that is didn't read/see yet. Much to read/write/transmit/receive this evening again :-)

73, Stefan