Re: LF: First of its kind?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: First of its kind?
From: "Fausto Coletti" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 11:15:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Luis,

Basically the operational conditions to hear an EME echo there would be, the only problem
is to find the right time in which the transmitted signal is able to exit in the area without being
blocked by the attenuation of the layer D (whereby daylight it would be impossible) or, by
reflection of the ionosphere during the night.
Probably with a transmitted signal with a very high angle of incidence such that is not reflected
by the ionosphere would be possible. We could use a horizontal low dipole NVIS.
The overall attenuation of the signal would be around 195 dB.
Stefan and I could do the first EME QSO on MF :-))
I have no experience in the use of antenna simulators, what could be the gain of a dipole lying a
few meters from the ground, around a radiation angle of 90 degrees ?

73, Fausto IK4NMF