LF: OT: MF/LF remote site pre-tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: OT: MF/LF remote site pre-tests
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:52:36 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Sorry, it's mostly OT but i shortly want to share it:
First measurements of the performance of the new WLAN antenna for the remote link. The "old" remote link to my garden was used to measure the signal level (measured by the Raspi, in 2 dBm steps). The "old", so far used yagi type was replaced by the new one, then measurements were taken. There is an improvement of 10 dB!! So the production quality of the new antenna must be much better, it's not only the length of the antenna. I have no doubt that it will work well over 3.5 km, even in rain and snow. With this antenna, i can get a more stable link, can (in combination with the new Raspberry Pi 2B) get a higher data rate which is essential for future plans for an LF remote grabber. And finally i can reduce the TX power of the stick to save some energy and/or rising the availability of the system in winter...
All very fine and promising!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/MF/20150923_151350.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/MF/20150923_151314.jpg

Just if someone has similar ideas and doubts that it can work over such a distance.

73, Stefan