Re: LF: Odd sunset captures

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Odd sunset captures
From: Tobias DG3LV <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 13:54:29 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mike !

Your screenshot shows Stefan's Callsign as "<DK7FC>". This means it was (identified as) one part of a multi-part transmission. To correlate those sequential transmissions WSPR uses a hash-table to identify the corresponding parts. In your case the 23:04 reception was erroneously correlated to a prior(!) transmission of Stefan. As the "decoded" grid is not a legal gridsquare, you can be shure the decoding is one of the rare incidents, where the significance threshold of the WSPR-decoder was still too low to eliminate false decodings. This happens from time to time, but you can identify those easily by inspecting the callsign or the gridsquare which are either illegal or implausible.

73 de dg3lv Tobias