Re: LF: Good propagation on MF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Good propagation on MF
From: "Fausto Coletti" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 14:02:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan and Alan,

Are two nights that the QRN is low.
Fortunately I live in an area where the man made noise is very low and, on 25 and 26 night I saw an increase of noise propagated by an average of 15 dB relative to the background noise during the day. On the evening of 25 was good propagation to the north, DL6TY heard me 589 even though I heard his signal
to the limit and we did no QSO.
Last night my signal on the grabber and remote SDR to the north was strong but not as the previous night, but I jumped on my chair when I saw my signal on the 4X remote SDR and, very weakly, I heard also aurally my CW signal.
This occurred shortly after sunset and for a few minutes.
That the propagation has a peak around sunset as the higher band (160 and 80m) I had already noticed days ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efeir8tccdztftl/08082015.JPG?dl=0

in this case the signal has increased around sunset in the area of the two reverse beacons.
I will try further in the next evening to see if the event will be repeated.

73, Fausto IK4NMF

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>