Re: VLF: Tweek mode resonances

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Tweek mode resonances
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 00:10:55 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi VLF,

Today I've built a transformer to match the antenna to the PA. This is not the ideal solution for QRO / highest antenna currents but i like to idea of a galvanically decoupled antenna and TX. Maybe 5 A is possible with that arrangement.
I took 7 ferrite cores in parallel to build that transformer. 39 turns primary, 7 secondary. So 1 Ohm is transformed to 31 Ohm. The transformer handles (no saturation) 1V per turn at 6 kHz, at least. This should give a first detectable signal in the garden loop, i hope.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19882028/VLF/20150722_134348.jpg

73, Stefan