Re: LF: SpecLab's frequence selective limiter: Better performance for yo

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SpecLab's frequence selective limiter: Better performance for your WSPR decoder!
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:13:18 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the interesting test. I seem to have little luck with the dropbox links (they almost always result in some sort of file-not-found error) but I can imagine the combination. Maybe there's another link to your dropbox storage, or maybe the space characters in the filename make it unaccessable ?

I'm curious about what actually causes the spectral spreading of the strong carrier (caused by the normal noiseblanker), and why the frequency-selective limiter can achieve a steeper roll-off (over frequency) than the carefully shaped noiseblanker response. Maybe the 'window function' of the noiseblanker itself can be improved (by something more elaborate than the raised-cosine-shaped edges, and the flat 'window ledge' in between) ?

All the best,
 Wolf DL4YHF
  (QRN season and extraordinary temperatures up to 40 °C on their way ... yucc...)