Re: LF: LF/MF TXing for Kenwood TS950SD and TS50

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF/MF TXing for Kenwood TS950SD and TS50
From: DK1IS <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 10:31:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Am 31.01.2015 um 19:29 schrieb DK7FC:
Hi Tom,

What i don't understand: We've already been in QSO on LF and MF. So you are already QRV. So why do you want to build such a complex, heavy, big and power consuming system to drive the PA?
I would understand if you need something else than a big HF TRX plus additional divider circuit. Maybe a small compact VFO, power saving, for /p experiments.
Or, have there been some housebreakers in your shack?

All the best.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

don´t be afraid that I would change my existing LF/MF rig - I´m quite contented with it and the signals being generated and I love these power consuming warm smelling boatanchors ;-)!  I hope modern minded housebreakers wouldn´t like to weigh theirself down with it.
My question to the reflector simply arose from the curiosity if there is something new about the TXing capabilities of my Kenwood rigs on MF and LF. Pete´s suggestion using split mode and a divider is a nice workaround for this task and some day I´ll test this approach in operation with my set-up just for interest.

73 and take care,
Tom,
DK1IS