Re: LF: Re: SAQ listenership results

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: SAQ listenership results
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 11:39:07 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1420717147; bh=zoMxzE8DMu/cfU3+EdJJ81EUfC5PY9659/PNAq/8nvU=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=rn/CTlm7Hxhpqr+gskac0VAvuka3ytaTEer0yYs9FFQOkCyvjuJomjOQdZ2ucmyw+L5DIK3ftob6gTTJPX9zXVlvxXKHMr0NGLePghAfXXQ5gGHi9crAKOR+B/w7iEiY0UqBoFBrwv+Y3p9dZJ1kwscr/uef27TjNtAG3Denx/Y=
Sender: [email protected]
I am having trouble with Blacksheep again my e-mails bounce backs....... :-)

  Hi Group

  You are right the results don't amount to a hill of beans. They can be skewed
anyway to suit a given argument as with most statistics.

 What I didn't know was that  DARC has actively been promoting this event. Well
done DARC it must make a difference.
 Other countries, on a per captor versus distance basis have  made a good
showing too.

To me it shows a motivation lacking in the UK with regard to technical topics.
This is retro communication I grant you but it is unique, it has its place in
modern history and requires a modest amount of technical ability and
understanding to receive it. An ideal Science (Radio) and Computer application
for a school with a constructive bridge to the past.

I think I must write to the BBC and try to encourage them to do an item on SAQ.
But I fear it will have to be built into the story line of " 'Enders" the soap
opera for it be seen.

We still have the BC Droitwich BBC Radio 4 but  as you know our Rugby and
Criggion VLF sites have now gone  but my wristwatch reliably informs me that
the NPL LF TX at  Anthorn is still working!

Oh and nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia by  the way... :-)

  HNY as 73 es  GL Pete M0FMT IO91UX

Sent via my own personal Too-Way (two way) Earth Station to and from the
Eutelsat Ka-band satellite  http://www.tooway.co.uk/  at approximately 172
degrees Azimuth in the Clarke belt owing to BTs 19th century cable
technology inability to provide a good enough 21st century broadband service. I
agree for this message to be passed on to BT Plc at 81 Newgate Street, London
EC1A 7AJ  via the snoops at GCHQ Cheltenham, thanks for your cooperation it is
appreciated.