Re: LF: RE: Japan on 475 kHz.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Japan on 475 kHz.
From: pa3abk <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 15:41:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Hideho,

Assume in JP  MF BCST stations are also likely to disappear.
In NL it's expected that all MF station will be QRT within a year or 2.
But NL is rather small and the internetconnections are very dense and most of them high speed (> 100Mb).
A lot of alternatives available.

I assume that the 200m rule is not particular for BCST MF stations, but the fact that ADSL connection can suffer from slow modems.
Especially in countries were the telephone lines are above ground.
JP is more widely and expect that rural connections are far most above ground.

I remember a discussion in BlackSheep about this issue with Britisch Telecom. If I recall correctly the line check of ADSL is done in the same band we are using for MF. If the check interferes with the "our signals" the server will automaticly lower the internetspeed and finally to an unacceptable value. The user is mostly not aware and the provider software doesn't reveal why the connection is bad. At the end the provider will send a new modem. The user is happy with the high speed, until his neighbour starts WSPR again in the weekend.

The emails are lost here but there was a PDF mentioned with an improved ADSL filter which could subside this issue.

Jan/pa3abk