Re: LF: VO1NA on 477kHz last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VO1NA on 477kHz last night
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:06:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Graham,

Thanks for the info regarding immunity to static for OP8.

I noticed last night, high background noise , and Joe's signal dropped at one point , that may of been a Ae change ?
The Kyoto Dst dropped at 22:00 UTC from +17 to -1.
-1 does in no way correlate to bad propagation; this is more the case for a Dst < -20.
However, I have often observed when the Dst does change very little,
conditions are good.
It seems irrelevant if this is the case with a Dst of e.g -15 or +5.

My feeling is that abrupt negative changes in the Dst call for poor propagation. Propagation can change very abrupt, just like a curtain being closed or opened.
73,
Roelof