Re: LF: ELF communications ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ELF communications ?
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 09:12:47 +1100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=7LSHWlcL0aKiLOvP2SnIRbX2qlJYeq3owcCvmDLE7yM=; b=DgW3qT7hFlFzC8uELAOk/eFUNLxM1ijNtPaUlYAgCwPEmx8F4Mrwuzemk46vM04WMd Cz5FmjH4HckVz8SJM2iueg1G8LU4DEU1l/tbRJo4dQrUxVKm/ZyQzDyzP85BeblZn1jF ClXT45lBs7GgvvXf0gbQq0sx5kCILJllggRCbVge/xCNSXgojpV0cSWANAluGsfaTvKB CpGHeh52cARGvEhy0ZhiHsSc2jdIq6O5iGAnKJdWyg6pB2qq9OR0VJJCVy7c46uPqdmG sM6HGO0JtOss1D4qPpLV7T12shjuEK+ZLYcjtuOJgYzIzxGujyqM4us8jKYKsjDrH991 BNjw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

it's always worth giving it a try! There are people that use toroid
power transformers as valve/tube output transformers. So don't
disregard them for audio use! I agree that the efficiency may be a bit
lower but I can tell you, I have tested half a dozen of them and I
have found that there is one that has an almost flat response up to 20
kHz! Others are not so good. I used as a load what I think my antenna
is: some resistance (ground loss) and some capacitance in series. Now
I have to see how much power for how much time they can handle.

Also there is a nice large modulation transformer that I could use
too. Indeed, summer is the time for some field work of this nature!

73, Dimitris VK1SV