LF: ZEVS RX ant question, now success - 60 Hz in Europe

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: ZEVS RX ant question, now success - 60 Hz in Europe
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 21:58:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Attempting to resend...

Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 1:18 AM

Hi Wolf, Stefan,

yes I also noticed a weak 60 Hz line during my ELF experiment, and it is there in the accelerated wav files. Here are two spectrograms with 15.3 mHz bin width:

Unlike Zevs, 60 Hz seems to be more pronounced during 1855-2055 UT recording, ie our evening when the Atlantic was still in daylight. It was hardly visible in the morning, 0541-0741 UT.

During the two evening hours, the 60 hz line drifted up and down by about two pixels, 30 mHz. That frequency instability may actually be a unique signature which can be used to exclude local origin, simply by comparing simultaneous traces from two different receive sites. I think there may even be an online log of American line frequency history, but couldn't find it on the web - any hints from the group?

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)