Re: LF: ZEVS RX ant question

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZEVS RX ant question
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:15:32 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type; bh=ZxGvsUUf8QR+y0AYStAAOLFTbGvpZQYnV4QmL7f2SHo=; b=VHZ+yhKQb04mxsDREfjlDNXIpPKIgpJZV394Tzhw5WQrNtM6Of8t89YJGOePgCy6Tx V1UULPCnfZOWqUd9Zo6qei9Ayv2ZPMa9Q5ziIUMELwFyXV/beLvwvUNH4tCVEEVLr+Po dZOWzzm9DOFqm2NfrGqcsP/+ibQYHODYEHc22SZ+pvAUUl6EE51hAlafsVL5eCtkRinu MMNddVrjd4gEiFZccpuLywG+rPbz27NYDOV9YSAX0iKDNccqxfq7Yzf6SJjPh1STDaUc S4Ns/thwWHSxDcoUtxpADhHdMtzSzgAeSvLU8PCxKc40mBgKqRZlcTbglfhB4y8Dydu6 Aeeg==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus, Ha-Jo,

Thanks for your schematic. I know it from your recent post. I thought it could be an adavantage to have some LPF in front of the first stage due to DLF/153 kHz and so on, just to prevent overloading the soundcard...

In my recording, neither the PC soundcard nor SpecLab run an AGC or NB. The spectrogram is taken from L1 and i recorded the sound input. BTW the recording was taken in the garden, so i expect lower QRM in the E field at least.

I think it could help to reduce the input resistor on the input of the antenna. From previous experiments with compact active antennas i remember that a plastic box arround the metallic electrode significantly helped to reduce static QRM. Maybe this is the same effect here.

I'll continue to play :-) Another project is a high voltage trap against wild pigs in my garden "Wildschweinschreck" ;-) I already carried some HV caps there (5 kV / 90 uF > 1 kJ) in a first step :-)

73, Stefan