Re: LF: RE: Re: T5MF 600m OPERA OP8 5863 km GENUINE !!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: T5MF 600m OPERA OP8 5863 km GENUINE !!
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:43:28 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
"T5MF" is extremely unlikely to be genuine for several reasons:

Any activity from Somalia, on any band, is likely to be the subject
of great publicity - and there is none that I can find.

Any activity would be primarily on the main HF bands.

It is relatively difficult to transmit a big signal on 472kHz. Only
an experienced MF operator, or someone with a big established DX
station, would be likely to achieve this.

There has been no advance publicty of any kind.

Despite the distance, all reporters were relatively close together.
There were others monitoring who received nothing.

Nice idea, but probably a pirate.

73 de Mike, G3XDV