LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] VLF grabber settings

To: [email protected], RSGB LF Group at blacksheep <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] VLF grabber settings
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:24:47 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Alex,

For the purpose of the grabber, you don't need to activate the 'Resample' option. So you can save some CPU power. The option 'synchronized resample' is used (for example) when the audio output is sent through a network to a remote server, which processes processes various streams from different receivers. When all streams arriving at the server use exactly the same sampling rate, signal processing is easier.

For the ultra narrow band spectrum display it is not necessary, because the drifting soundcard sampling rate is compensated by adjusting the software-based local oscillator.

All the best,
  Wolf DL4YHF .