Re: LF: Fw: : Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re:: 100KHz-1.7GHz full band UV HF RTL

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Fw: : Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re:: 100KHz-1.7GHz full band UV HF RTL-SDR USB Tuner Receiver: How to get HF to work?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:23:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Mal,

Tom , wired them direct  last  night  .... interesting  angle , seems they  have  dropped  half  of  a  normal  dongle  into  a  docking  board , The  issue I was  interested  in was the  Ae  feed  for  low  bands  , and from the  image , its  visible , that the feed is  single  ended , via the  toroid ., he  also  plotted the  gain , which  falls  off  to  LF , which  is  similar to the  device  being   Cap   coupled  , both are  single  ended methods ...  100KHz  is  listed  as the  lower  operating  frequency  , in this  case its  possible the  transformer is  the  reason  ......

I think a  small   pre-amp [ 10 dB ?] with  gain  roll  off  to  HF would  be a better  option  , as the  chip  works  in  a direct coupled  set up  , down to  audio , a pre amp  could  also  provide the  ~~ 200 ohms  input  match as well

But for  round  £10/15  supplied  as-seen  not a  bad  option

73-G,