Re: VLF: Coherent BPSK at 8270 from DF6NM

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: Coherent BPSK at 8270 from DF6NM
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 14:18:17 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Surely the concept is not limited to five-letter words. The current encoder implementation on Paul's website takes up to 50 characters, so you can announce a whole litter of kittens including their names, colours etc ;-) The coding for longer message actually becomes more efficient, due to a bit of fixed overhead (constraint length K, CRC check).

Although the transmit part is comparatively simple, the decoder is certainly not trivial. This is currently in an early state of experimentation, and I have no idea weather Paul  would really intend to take it all the way to an easy-to-use software package for everyday use.

Best 73,
Markus