Re: LF: RE: WSPR-15 on 137.610 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: WSPR-15 on 137.610 kHz
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 09:09:43 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: [email protected]
Also thanks to W1TAG for the best DX. -42 dB, that's the lowest SNR i've ever seen in WSPR-15 :-)

Stefan,

My pleasure! Actually, I think the low SNR had more to do with local electrical noise than any weakness of your signal. This is my first weekend at our Maine QTH this year, and the LF band is noisier than I remember. I noticed yesterday that our nearest neighbor has taken to leaving incandescent light on in their cottage while they are away, and from the appearance, I'd say that they are being run by light dimmers. The owners are not here this weekend, so there's not much I can do.

Anyway, I'm rather amazed that there was anything to report!

John, W1TAG