Re: LF: Canada's newest amateur band - 630m.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Canada's newest amateur band - 630m.
From: JD <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 14:57:42 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: [email protected]
If the regulatory situation is anything like it is here, new frequency
bands are a two-part process: allocation and rule implementation.
Normally, the allocation has to take place first, and then the rules
for the service in question are modified accordingly.  I notice RBR-4 —
Standards for the Operation of Radio Stations in the Amateur Radio
Service was last revised in January and does not yet include the 630
meter allocation in Schedules I through III for Canadian amateurs.

Has Industry Canada issued a memo or circular specifically authorizing
the band's use?

73
John