Re: LF: Strong signal on 137 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Strong signal on 137 kHz
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:54:13 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:message-id:mime-version:subject:date:references :to:in-reply-to; bh=NRG3JSTECYPxerZlB47W4jTTIym1yxrZ7eKLYM5HZ3k=; b=igcI/Lc9vHRNg0PwlznBNg0gbi/Ex7FPjpsJcS1rwX2dyPoi4Z6jYmCfH19kjiX1su UomWKLn8pIQTl5XWe8ODpnFlyaiO6wgeH5jKdvheUKESyNgKhqXGb5/3MtTgNoMhVDB6 ksUHesgaaHRP5lAwAPUQp89lfi+Eva4CyH67Skml41erl9tmjjYsWxqMuMHOwty25em8 X0W0eUf+K1+3lrE5dihMyeXjaa8AbLXVkzF/VGmpBI2GEBS6KkTA4y4ZuzS+gwAnM2Iq XbyESh9kqcfumqRiZ+rTFshcmuGByE/u10RdutIFkjiXq1XW5vNdUoTXdOp6aMAegibn bj8w==
Sender: [email protected]
Stephan and LF,

Thank you for your patience everyone. I have at last managed to repair my loop antenna satisfactorily and check it out. There appears now to be more than one problem in the receiving system:

  • There are several spurious signals across the LF band
  • The power supply to the Lowe HF250 receiver now has about 2V peak to peak of 50 Hz ripple on its output
  • The Arga display shows a strong additional signal at twice the audio frequency output (setting things up for 800 Hz output, I also get a noticeable trace at 1600 Hz)
  • There is a weak output on about 670 Hz even with the antenna disconnected

Oh well, out with the oscilloscope and the soldering iron.
73 John  F5VLF