LF: Re: Re: [Lowfer] LF T/A heads up

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: [Lowfer] LF T/A heads up
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:27:31 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1397564854; bh=IyupQ2EIcneuRL7vPUypU82Pf5Od6Qu5FtcsOvolsp0=; h=Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer; b=ft0YBp3vL6mexzFkhFow5FDMHvjmBiTDarR/PIkgWcrveDo9ajl91ltaQq8/rJexiD+GLZ3kwXt39LgAtQXs2XXWCF7A4Ngfjl0ycxyT2A74iHrKcRwWZEZg6KeSWVxy+CLKEqa9oPFGGGdiOIm3rsyb7cWFW2ApLIv3a7OyhEU=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Michael I would be surprised if that was an effect from the flare. From your plot the path is in darkness so is shielded fron the radiation. Whilst massive X-Class flares can sometimes be detected in the shadow due to diffusion, I doubt the ionisation in a C-Class flare is sufficient to make the difference. I would rate it as a "good" period, maybe constructive "fading". The Dst has crawled back to -30nT, not spectacular, but good enough to support some signals.

Best Wishes
Alan G3NYK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]> To: "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, &amp; UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:11 PM
Subject: LF: Re: [Lowfer] LF T/A heads up

Michael Sapp wrote:
Jay & All: One late capture of DK7FC, likely due to a well timed C-class solar flare

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag19/wa3tts/capt00152_zps6c3c06d4.jpg

Jay had fairly consistent signal reception all evening. Not that way farther inland.....

at least with my modest setup....
That's better than my best capture for the night:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d0e6vxyuz0rej8/grabber0008.jpg

Considering the thunderstorms that rolled through here last night I'm surprised to see that much.

Dex