LF: AW: OT: Beamers Map

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: AW: OT: Beamers Map
From: "Joe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:35:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Tom,

did you try this one?
http://www2.wm7d.net/az_proj/az_html/azproj_form_short.shtml

73 Joe

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von DK1IS
Gesendet: Freitag, 18. April 2014 16:53
An: [email protected]; [email protected]
Betreff: LF: OT: Beamers Map

Hello group,

does someone know a software or a website (perhaps a DX Edge) where you can
create an individual world map in azimuthal equidistant projection - better
known as "Beamers Map" - for your QTH? You can find a lot of such maps in
the web but they are usually centered on a specific place, e. g.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Azimuthal_Equidistant_Berlin.jpg

What do I need it for? At our club station DL0AO in JN59VK we have several
Perseus remote SDRs with also remote switchable antenna sites, one of them
consisting of a pair of crossed loops, 16 m^2 each for single or combined
use, especially for VLF, LF, MF and the lower HF bands. It would be nice to
give an illustration of the current heading on the user interface.

Thanks for any note!

73,
Tom, DK1IS
www.qrz.com/db/dk1is