RE: LF: Weather change here... and uneasy feelings....

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Weather change here... and uneasy feelings....
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:24:06 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Bob - I think Ive found an offset issue here at my station - I have a very strong PLC switched long duration (hours) Carrier just 9 Hz lower at around -66dBm (ouch)  and in my move to offset the cal I mistakedly used this as my source, I think.

 Ive been a little uneasy as I havent seen even a trace before I moved to the OPDS settings but I plumbed up the HF3336b/GPS again this early morning and back to a confirmed rx freq - If its any concilation I did have the other probe running on the correct freq but Ive not seen even a glimmer on that here whereas the big loop has.

Im running a low level spotter carrier from me on 29501.5 which youll see on the screen (helps me with blanker settings and confirms Ive not screwed up)

Good signals on MF or fairtomidlin with propagation as ever favoring Utah and Texas XSV XIQ and XXM (3200-4900Kms or so) decoded here on the K9AY omnis - nothing from the Mid West East coast sadly

Laurence KL7 L WE2XPQ and XBA/5