RE: LF: Re: Bunch of detects!

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Bunch of detects!
From: Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 19:02:54 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Markus;
I know it would be a challenge.  I like the T/A with at least OPDS detects.  Never expected to be so easy to do that.  Still would like to stay focused on getting a better signal and hope for some better receivers out there.  29 VLF has some very steady predictable characteristics that the higher freqs don't have.  There isn't the fading and if it's cold out it propagates really well and there are steady signals to work with.
I am sure there will be lots of work done on 8.2 on both sides of the pond and am not going to be surprised to see you and Stefan getting together for a serious attempt.  Wouldn't that vacation spot you have on that island off the African Coast be something?
But, there is a clear reason freqs below 8.2 are not regulated.  Not much use for anything other than sending an unkeyed carrier!  I am sure Paul would be very capable as you also would be, in receiving an 8 hour carrier.  I have the white polypro buckets-if I run into a mile of #26 wire I would probably have to put fire to that wire!   BTW;  How did you do with your limited ant and rig on 8.2? I know Stefan was a bit disappointed with his results and was working on generating a strong third harmonic to get up a bit in freq- out of no mans land!

 Bob