WSQ Test IZ7SLZ / DL4YHF (was: Re: LF: RE: AW: RE: Re: SQ2BXI WSPR)

To: [email protected]
Subject: WSQ Test IZ7SLZ / DL4YHF (was: Re: LF: RE: AW: RE: Re: SQ2BXI WSPR)
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 01:05:49 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Domenico and all,

Here is already one problem discovered, but that doesn't have anything to do with WSQ itself:

It's the media player (VLC) which I used to play back your recording.
Here, the recording is analysed by two decoders (with slightly different settings) running side-by-side. In the spectrogram near 1100 Hz you can see how the constant-frequency "carrier" (local or distant QRM, I don't know) suddenly makes a "S-curve" because the player slightly changes its resampling ratio. No suprise the result from the recording is worse than during our QSO:

Will be interesting to compare this with a built-in wave file analyser, which I will now integrate in WSQ .

At least the 'bent worms' will turn into thin vertical lines again ;o)

About improving the core decoder algorithm : A bit too early. First I need to understand how every bit and piece in it works...

73,
  Wolf DL4YHF .