Re: Re: VLF: 8270.002

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Re: VLF: 8270.002
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 00:08:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Jim!

My antenna's effective height measured at LF is about 9 m. It will be slightly less at VLF due to increased shielding by trees, my guess is ~ 8 m, giving 77 microohms radiation resistance. Thus 0.3 amps would radiate 7 µW (EMRP) or 13 µW ERP.

Operating hours are a bit limited by politeness to the neighbours who have to bear the acoustical emission from the loading coil. The 8.3 kHz tone is not really loud but quite penetrant. Here are a couple of pics of the present setup, with the coil enclosed by two rubber bins and placed outside the window:

Good luck with your forthcoming experiments!

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)