Re: LF: OP32 results

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: OP32 results
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:54:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,

maybe your soundcard input mixer has a  "Stereomix" or similar slider, allowing analog loopback from DAC to ADC. It won't do anything different than your current setup, except saving the need to physically plug in a cable.

73, Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:22 AM
Subject: LF: OP32 results

Many thanks to all those who transmitted OP32 beacons on 137kHz last
night. I asked for more activity so I could test my system and I am
pleased to say that, at last, I have a reliably working OPDS/Op set
up.

I have given up on the Virtual Audio Cable software to couple the SDR
to SpecLab. Several others have found it useful, but I had too many
problems to be able to rely on it. I used VAC because my previous set-
up with two sound cards (one for the SDR output and one for SpecLab
input) was producing poor results when using OPDS (though it worked
fine for other modes). The solution was to use just one sound card,
but use one half (digital to audio) for the SDR and the other half
(audio to digtal) for SpecLab. A simple cable between audio out and
mic in completed the circuit. This works very well.

Last night, the Opera software decoded SV8CS, DK7FC and PA0A. More
interestingly, was that OPDS decoded many more transmissions from
those stations plus UA4WPF (3422km) and UW8SM.

Later this week I will set up a DropBox page where the OPDS results
will be posted whenever I have the system switched on.

Mike, G3XDV