Re: LF: MF Music

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF Music
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 13:54:29 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan

AM yes, but not AFN as far as I remember, Radio Luxemburg on 208 MW for sure and my older sister worked at the local record shop so there was constant flow of vinyl in our house.

All music was played on a valve L, M, SW Radiogram that my father built, he was an enthusiast, it had a big DC energised speaker, not PM, that lived in a black cloth bag / dust cover. Of course I regularly changed the stainless steel needle on the deck. That Radiogram emitted smells as it warmed up, dust, shellac, wax. Huh modern radios don't even smell.

73 Eddie