LF: 137kHz Opera/OPDS last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 137kHz Opera/OPDS last night
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 11:09:20 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
I finally got OPDS working properly having replaced my sound
cards with Virtual Audio Cable - very difficult to set up
but worth it.

Last night's Opera Deep Search results included the usual
SV8CS and  RN3AGC, but also VO1NA (0208, 0243, 0648 and
0723UTC) and four transmissions by PA0OCD at 358km who was running
5mW. Neither of the last two were readable here on the
standard Opera software.

The OPDS software, by Markus, DF6NM, is really effective,
but it has taken me a few weeks to turn a good Opera set up
into a good OPDS set up, during which Markus has been most
helpful.

I am not able to transmit at present as the gales we are
having every two or three days have tangled my antenna wires
in a tree.

Mike, G3XDV