LF: RE: 73kHz in the UK?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: 73kHz in the UK?
From: "Terry GW0EZY" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 23:18:00 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Roger

Your question below got me thinking about the complicated nature of our national regulations as they are also linked to EU regulations (therefore you should find the same regulations in all EU countries)!

I think you are referring to UKFAT 2013 Annex B: Short Range Devices; Section 15 Inductive Devices

Licence exempt means you can operate under  specified conditions without an individual licence.

For the frequency range 60.25-90 kHz UK Licence exempt regulations have been transposed from European Commission (EC) Decision 2011/829/EU:

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32011D0829:EN:NOT

The exemption orders (implementing the EC Decision) are in UK Statutory Instruments (SIs):

The Wireless Telegraphy (Exemption) Regulations ( with various amendments)

You can download them here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi?title=The%20Wireless%20Telegraphy%20%28Exemption%29%20Regulations

The SI dealing with induction (and frequency range 60.25-90 kHz) is:  2010 No. 2512

For licence exempt operation in the frequency range 60.25 – 90 kHz with 72 dBuA at 10m

SI 2010 refers to apparatus complying with UK Interface Requirement IR2030 which requires kit to meet  ETSI European Norm EN300330

You can download UK Interface Requirements from:

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/technical/interface-requirements/

It’s on the second web page

IR2030 June 2013 as a PDF

Inductive applications are on page 40

ETSI Standards are free of charge you can download EN300330 from:

http://pda.etsi.org/pda/queryform.asp

73 Terry