LF: RE: 4XA on 74.321

To: pehamel <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: 4XA on 74.321
From: Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 11:18:16 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Pat;
Great job! You got things dialed in in no time.
Power into the 90' vertical here is limited by the voltages produced at the feedpoint.  Anything over about a KW input to the antenna creates voltages to exceed 25 KV.  Corona sets in soon after a KW.  I draw a 3 inch flame to a screw driver at the feed point!  I like to run at about 800 w.
I am going to try some ground wave tests to see if this long wave can reach the west coast!  I'll bet you get me groundnwave with no trouble.  I am trying this with Steve VE7SL and will shoot you an email when I am on and if you have the time see if you get the ground wave sigs-73 and keep up the good work, Bob WG2XRS/4-73, WE2XEB-137, WE2XGR/6-500