LF: RE: 137.777

To: John Gibbs <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: 137.777
From: Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 10:44:10 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
John;
Looks to me like it can't get much better than that!  Thanks for great capture!
John, I was thinking about trying a coast to coast groundwave signal test on 73 band.  Would you think it might be possible?  Maybe I use QRSS 120 or slower?  If you have OPDS64 capability that may be an option.  I think it is possible while the ground is frozen a good amount of the path.
If you could look and see what might be a clear freq there at your location.  Even down at 68-70 kHz could be best.
There is a VE7 out your way also but his call sign I can't recall.  Maybe you both could listen for me on a mode of your choice to see if there is a chance at groundwave reception on the long wave 73 band.
I recently ran some PSK to JD out in Kansas and was quit successful and my groundwave signal was audible at mid day!
Bob WG2XRS/4, WE2XEB, WE2XGR/6 NY