LF: 8.3 kHz in response to Markus

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 8.3 kHz in response to Markus
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:23:02 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Markus & LF

8.3 - 9 kHz became "regulated" in Finland after WRC 2012.

When WRC 2012 was still in preparation I asked about the need for special permits regarding sub 9 kHz activities and the answer already back then was that no amateur activity between 8.3 kHz and 9 kHz will be permitted since the passive weather observing allocation was already in planning for WRC 2012. There was no imminent reason for not granting such permits below 8.3 kHz however.

So if an OH amateur will ever dare a try at the dreamers band it will have to be below 8.3 kHz. To my knowledge nobody here has applied for such a permit so far. Perhaps I should create a "pilot case" by filing an application even if my capacity for such operations is zero at the moment .

BR

Paul-Henrik / OH1LSQ