LF: 74k poorer

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 74k poorer
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:37:24 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
My 74kHz reception was interrupted between 0030 and 0300 because of
an antenna fault (pesky intermittent that I thought I had found).
However, there was no DX reception before 0030 and very poor for most
of the night. There were long periods between 0400 and 1000UTC when
Dex, XRS5, was visible but just below readable. Surprisingly Bob,
XRS4, only became readable just before 0600 until 0800.

Interestingly, the Dst crashed overnight - see
http://lasp.colorado.edu/space_weather/dsttemerin/dsttemerin.html

de Mike, G3XDV