Re: VLF: QRM?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: QRM?
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 23:42:25 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Jim,

Do you intend or can you imagine to set up a VLF grabber in Arizona? It could be a good motivating factor for experimental VLF stations in the US and we all can see how the situation looks on your side.
The VLF hype has slowed down since 2010/2011 but i see a consistent comeback and i see that my own motivation becomes a bit more solid :-)
You can see the wideband windows on the grabbers of OK2BVG or DK7FC and the other grabbers. There are several military stations visible all the time, like DHO38 on 23.4 kHz from north Germany.
If you need any help in setting up a grabber, we can do it, no problem. A question of a few hours! It wouldn't be the first one for me :-)
Arizona. that sounds like you have plenty of space for experiments?

73, Stefan/DK7FC