Re: LF: VLF exciter

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: VLF exciter
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 11:33:25 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

here's a quick sketch of how I would go about it. You wanted XORs so here's one with XORs ;-) But in this circuit they serve basically only as inverting or noninverting opamps, depending whether their other input is connected to the (+) supply or (-) ground.

The top left part tries to pull the duty cycle close to 50%. The AC voltage is reduced, and with the negative DC feedback the comparator threshold settles to a point where the avaerage output is at half supply voltage (eg 2.5V). BTW this is the opposite function to the "duty cycle amplifier" which I use in my automatic LF variometer df6nm.bplaced.net/LF/pictures/AutoTuner.zip .

The output circuit is an inverter used for inverting one of the drives ;-) The pair of XORs should equalize the gate delay.

The vox circuit at the bottom with the rectifier is straightforward, including a bit of hysteresis introduced by positive feedback.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:43 AM
Subject: LF: VLF exciter