Re: LF: RE: SAQ December 24th, 2013 received in Milano - Italy

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: SAQ December 24th, 2013 received in Milano - Italy
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 16:04:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Clemens,

SAQ was the best I have heard it so far.
The signal was 20 dB stronger than the noise in a 500 Hz bandwidth as far as I could measure it in regard to the ongoing static.
In fact it was still easy copy when I opened up the bandwidth to 5 kHz!
Heard on a PERSEUS SDR and a pa0rdt-Mini-Whip antenna 5 meter up.

I also found that the PERSEUS NBV noise blanker completely removed all static. They tested yesterday morning and as static was completely absent, reception was even better.

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt