LF: SAQ

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SAQ
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 09:58:14 -0900
Sender: [email protected]

Morning all  - Happy Christmas from a tadge chilly -30C Alaska -

Ive got a nice recording  using a memo recorder which ill .wav or mp3 later. We were fortunate that the QRN from Asia Pacific hadnt fully started and were treated to some of the best s/n Ive seen from SAQ.

 If all goes well the link will show SAQ and some of the other signals from here in Alaska - it was a matter of keeping on pressing the capture button to get the best piccy but SAQ peaked 20/25dB over noise (as per screen) in this capture. Id give it 559 but I dont think I could hear the space wave but will run the audio thru again.

 RDLs RTTY comes and goes, GBZ/FTA were reasonable but is never strong, NWC, and NPM (my local and strongest signal down in Hawaii) are their normal strong sigs. ICV appears to be off. JXN is definitely off at the moment. Luckily for me 07/08Z is around the best time for Eu on VLF this time of year -

http://kl7l.com/saqdec2408z.jpg

On the MF/LF front still very mediocre - 2 decodes over 5000Kms from  WG2XIQ on 475.686 at around 0930Z but nothing on any other mode on 137

Laurence KL7L Wasilla Alaska
L400 probe 20ft up a tree, RG6, Onboard sound card and marvelous Spec lab