LF: RE: Hartmut Wolff's grabber...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Hartmut Wolff's grabber...
From: "hvanesce" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 03:57:44 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20121106; t=1387191494; bh=XV7iYdmKEr6OHZjDApEYxQyg3M+NJ8n3PVZ0U6bgc2I=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=T8Jmgr/eiSref84MoYglTX9vMFcL0CGWy+Ip0KL9HeTGNg/S6BVTId04ewyyYQNXB ZYmMUXT5xockMl5fYvVNhOBlXE6Zy/xWYOQNnri1zSPUmZLIhuMcqSp05NIJSzM88Q BwuaJHJXylCUBSP5dF/DERlZzLCCzXRGuVS0XU1hCld0ZvX2BhjgSLkIeRvj3EnSnZ w4P+OXj3lrXCuARw+khBcM3cNK3OCaT57salHhE6ODTh4MFnKnVUAX4+wv3aT1YPAG sUHu0Xv/b24UFzMkbbc46uHdmaJNWCVgBT4WVHkij8f0nZUo4ZA/k6DSdyfnsAQWwu ko9KJMB2Gbgsg==
Sender: [email protected]

Most interesting Bob,

Considering Dst indices and your reports for the last six weeks, is it safe to say that -50 or greater Dst means some bad days in this band, but benign Dsts are only a fair indicator of potentially good conditions (Dst looked good from mid-November through 6 December, for example)? I remember some appreciated counsel from the group in this regard, back in October. Does anyone have a recommendation on a next-best predictive (aiding) metric for propagation quality in this part of the spectrum? Flares? Proton flux? Preferred site for accessing such data?

Quite a transition (of signal strength) on Hartmut’s grabber, I’d really like to know what might have caused that. Thanks for some really interesting data Bob, Hartmut et al.

73,

Jim AA5BW