LF: Back on the air

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Back on the air
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 11:03:26 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Way back in October, I dismantled my antenna system when bad storms
were forecast. Since then I have been unable to re-erect it due to
work commitments and poor health (nothing serious but enough to
prevent physical effort outside). At last, I have the antenna back up
again and am able to transmit on 136kHz and receive on VLF, 73, 136
and 472kHz. If anyone wants a sked or report, please ask. I work from
home so can make most days/times.

During the October storm a huge beech tree some 300m away from my
garden fell down. The local council found it was diseased and so will
be felling another dozen beeches close by in the next few weeks. As
they are twice the height of my antenna, this may improve my signal.

Mike, G3XDV