RE: LF: WE2XPQ OP32 136

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: WE2XPQ OP32 136
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:33:21 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
thanks Graham -

I was thinking more of the deep search side - the inner workings of the QRPLABS  DDS and PIC and how calibration is maintained whilst on constant carrier is the concern. Cal is normally done in a key up period and Im not allowing this to happen - so I reckon I may wander...may have to go back to the HP3336b and key that - and only use the Ultimate 2 on WSPR etc - Im tracking it with the Fieldfox and I appear high. \

Hours pass...

Yep it wanders without the cal period - so Ive cranked up the HP3336b and wandered onto freq but now GPS locked (from 0120Z) so I really should be phase steady. Id would use the word coherent except I cant spell it.

 I really hadnt considered the keying sidebands till Markus mentioned it, but produces very pretty sidebands looking at dot 60 slow.

Running close to 600W output at this time but conditions still look poorish.  I keep wandering back into the shack - its like baby watching...just making sure there are no flames. Actually this Deccas is nearly fool proof and I ran it for  long time (weeks) at near full whack and didnt loose sleep. The station is nearly the same as it was in 2005..only the spiders have changed and Im now paying the house insurance and electricity bill :-)  ERP should be around 2Wish at this time in the main lobe.

http://kl7l.com/KL7LSHACK.jpg

Laurence KL7L