LF: XIQ

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: XIQ
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:38:01 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
WG2XIQ EM12 @ 5000Kms was coming thru on WSPR 2, 475kHz from 08-1015Z yesterday (20th) - maybe (maybe) a very slight trace of a signal near 136.172 on the Over the pole setting

 Seems Im picking up DX Christmas lights already from the far neighborhoods. :-(

Ill run both 136.17X and 137.77X windows tonight if I get a chance. Im just starting to build another Octoloop for 137 which will be about 100m from the present 74kHz unit - and away from the very large loop it sits in...

VLF over the pole is getting really good now with DHO38 peaking 35dB above my noise pre Eu dawn -  and showing a nice 5dB 15 mins increase during that X1 flare yesterday - NWC that was just in light at the time had a 2dB increase as seen in Alaska (it was dark)

Conditions still arent that good for LF MF DX here - long recovery period, then another short hit to top up the attenuation etc.

I did shove on 160m WSPR2 5W last night and got some rx/tx hits to VK2/6 but relatively short lived over a 13KKms path - but the West to South Sector is firing away from the Aurorally bit so always better -

Very cold here now and not getting above -20C during the day at home, though "warmer" here at the works QTH in Anchorage. Off to KH6 in a few days to thaw out

regards

Laurence KL7 L