Re: LF: CFH, Loran Wildwood

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: CFH, Loran Wildwood
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:04:03 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1382454261; bh=dT+d+1+eNQgX9tim1fFcE8K5s8vK3PS53rq8b4QIxDE=; h=Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer; b=U7QG0zExNaejX4GQnG3m6cQoO3dKJEHGQYAgOo+chxxLUclJAJnmMLL37/fJrXK1yG4NFUGjUzhbmlmV2ja4tJwmYUOiPkcs6gc/UlbNZYb2TFfkD075zCcYj5jslqx1oacEl67GwCG/HPp8XAaekya3iISbsyYnBNX+UK+gfJo=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Bob the Lessay and Sylt chains have not stopped operating as far as I remember they were certainly active when the UK had 74kHz. I believe these chanis have been running the eLoran protocol for some time now.  There was a slight pause when Rugby which was running an experiental station (using the Loop Head gear and GRI) closed and the gear moved up to Anthorn as a permenent location.  The real problem then was noise from an idling Rugby TX. I was certainly using a slightly cruder form of waterfall and we operated between the Loran lines. So it wont be too much of a change for reception at this end.

Alan G3NYK