RE: LF: RE: 74.5495 will spark-up at 2200 for the evening...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: RE: 74.5495 will spark-up at 2200 for the evening...
From: "hvanesce" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 01:02:19 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20121106; t=1381730566; bh=BY3ep6dHfRSSjmN3k4uY/nvGCKfYF1wM73KU/cplj9A=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=mlNjODwsJfG7iwNZtdtIpyATfjZ3nO46SjehQk80LwkxXkmOnfQ1RtI/SnDlodoN1 2RasLMbw0ogD6YZYVJ39rM7UWRHTugBMxiEjD3FdFgjijpXAhbMIJSqKoYYJ7D9EtT hTEoPgwVuKTnzHLyHRm5JDxxTg9bERx7lVtobXN7tfZtilicgvErL8ULmbvodkKhgc GDnfZjnvbTk13+s8m5nOBfYt5AvzKX/lE5dGSNSL1MwdM9uhimjJQnlawz1o0wEHkw /dhZbf65c00/8HtHhDlYbkNETcdXzKOeF1VSmO4bh9x+i9PMi4gUuGCxJVmP+vGFX/ CuxZJXCPrvULw==
Sender: [email protected]

Bob,

Tonight I’ve been estimating your SNR* at 15-minute intervals and comparing to your SNRs from last night. For the large majority of the 15-minute intervals your SNRs were higher tonight, and for the intervals in which your SNRs were higher tonight, the average difference appears to be almost 3dB.

   * (estimated from traces on Hartmut’s grabber; much appreciated Hartmut)

I’m also checking databases of daily solar and ionospheric conditions, for parameters that could help to refine a model based on the data that you and the RX stations are generating.

Thanks in part to your earlier start times, it may be possible to start making and refining some rough predictions of link availability (hours per day) vs distance vs season, for the existing equipment, and a means for you to extrapolate those results for any anticipated mods that you might anticipate.

Are Dex and John on tonight? At 74548.5 and 74547.5? I’ve been looking at signals near those two frequencies the past two evenings, and if Dex is on tonight, his SNR at Hartmut’s QTH dropped while yours rose, which would useful information for a model.

The data that’s being generated is very valuable owing to path diversity from multiple grabbers, cultural noise management at the grabbers (lots of low-QRM intervals), the long collection intervals (allows incorporation of terminator effects and better estimates of mid-day/night attenuation span for integration with parametric models), and the long paths provided by great TX and RX work and coordination between TX and RX. It’s a pleasure to be able to view data of this quality.

By next weekend I will have some plots, the first piece of a propagation model and reference documentation for the model that I’d like to pass along if anyone’s interested. Could I send them to you? If after looking at them you think anyone would be interested, perhaps you know of a place to post them.

Nice work everyone,

Regards,

Jim

AA5BW