LF: Great night on LW...

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Great night on LW...
From: Bob Raide <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 09:47:50 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
First to thank Mike, Henny, Laurence, for fabulous captures-Jim for his comments and study of happenings on this "new to us" band, Joe, am sure your RX mods will be paying off tonight.  The Alaskian captures are amazing over such a difficult path from the East.  Rare on the 500/137 bands.  Only once I can recall getting a WSPR decode from Laurence on 500, never 137!
I am waiting for an OCXO to "stabilize" my signal generator to maybe test OPDS if RX stations wish to try it on 4000 meters.  Won't be for a week or so as the OCXO is getting "cooked in" and calibrated.
Tonight will be on 2300 and go to 0700 as seems band stayed open till dawn for Mike!
If conditions prevail I would expect John Andrews and Dex  [/3-/5] to make a showing-Bob, WG2XRS/4 NY