LF: VLF OT

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VLF OT
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:03:56 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
http://kl7uk.com/12thJuly13NPM.jpg

Thought this may be of interest - I normally see the double hump (attenuation) response from NPN Hawaii near their dawn at around 14Z. NPM is some 4500Kms due South of me here in  Alaska, but the response to dawn changes was the biggest one Ive seen - from a pseudo -52dBr down into the noise - thats over 40dB of change in loss from the nightime bump level - Alaska/Hawaii daytime levels are typically around -58dBr, where r is an uncalibrated RF level but close to dBm :-)

Todaythe dawn response was just some 12dBr  and a little "bumpy" as our conditions are still disturbed.

Laurence KL 7L
hot and nice Alaska 80F