LF: G100RSGB and 472kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: G100RSGB and 472kHz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 06:46:38 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I posted this to the Yahoo group yesterday but it has not appeared, in
fact there seems a dearth of postings on there.

I see from the G100RSGB calendar
(http://rsgb.org/main/operating/centenary-station/centenary-station-calendar/)
that the Whitton club are proposing to operate on 472kHz when they
activate it on June 21st. I am not sure this is allowed under the
G100RSGB NOV. Recieved our paperwork yesterday and the accompanying
notes clearly say that 60kHz is not allowed. Would have thought the
same would have applied for 472kHz.

Quoting: "b) Our understanding of the licence is that operation on the
5 MHz channels is not permitted, as the NoV to use the Centenary
callsign only modifies the terms and conditions in your main station
licence. We have also excluded 5 MHz operation from the related
Centenary Award. Taking this line we will also avoid antagonising the
Primary User, just after we have completed a 2 year negotiation for
improved access to the frequencies."

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com