Re: LF: OT Titanic original video

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: OT Titanic original video
From: Petr Maly <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:22:24 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Unfortunately, I can’t play the video (not available in my location).

BTW, I sent SOS in the real situation once. I worked as radioofficer on m/s Mir, callsign OLGP. It was in 1988. I was 25. We drifted on the Baltic, close to Ruegen. It happened that the first officer fell aboard. It would be more correct to send XXX for man overboard (or PANPAN in voice), but the master commanded me to send SOS. About 20 ships helped us in the search and rescue operation. With all of them I had communication on 500 kHz (no QSY onto the working fqs). I was the controlling station of all the traffic. Finally, in about one hour, one german military ship found him. Unfortunately it was too late. He was still alive, but didn’s survive.

73, Petr, OK1FIG (OK4FIG/mm)