Re: LF: Oh Dear

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Oh Dear
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 23:48:37 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On 08/03/2013 22:55, Graham wrote:
Could be  ? I have not  used those   modes  for a  long time  .. didn't like the  American square  dance , with  everything timed  and pre-formatted ..had  some  fun with the  reverse  reporting system  on hf ... but that  got  tedious
Cranking the old brain gears here, I seem to remember someone getting upset and wanting to know what he had done wrong and who the snitch was that didn't give a callsign.
I searched Google and WSJT but it doesn't come up.
I searched the message file in this new install and about the 5th thing it did after start up was print ***WRONG MODE*** this didn't appear in the message window.

Got it Graham its a personal message from JT to JR.

psk-D    thats  a  no-no  , it will  work  , but the  IMD will  be  very high  ,with  big  loss  of  s/n  and  you  will  tx  a  very  wide signal ......psk produces  a  two-tone-test  envelope
Yep we know that, I took a quick look at my signal on another rig this afternoon and it was remarkably good. Dave GWB copied it FB tonight and said it looked fine. Hey that was my first ever unsolicited report.!!

long  interleave  mfsk  is the  best  suited  mode for MF / mf  tx set ups , problem is the  long interleave  tends  to  pull the  qso  out  , but without it , the  decode  is  sporadic
What us QRP ops need is a slow bit rate mode, with FEC, of a reasonable width, this is Ham radio we shouldn't need rubidium oscillators. Four unit Opera that just keeps up with arthritic one finger typing and not connected to web reporting. :-)

G..